Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Two-Minute Microwave Chocolate Pudding



Today I came home from my first day at a new waitressing job and after watching people all day eating amazing chocolate fudge cake and lemon slices with creamy cups of cappuccinos, I was craaaving sugar.

So I went straight to pinterest.com and found the answer to my chocolate prayers <3

It's way too easy for how good it tastes. Which scares me, only because I'll be too tempted to make it like, everyday.

So here it is, my slightly re-invented microwave chocolate pudding.


You will need:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar (I tried this using muscovado sugar too and it was waaay too rich. Not recommended!)
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Green & Blacks)
A pinch of salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (I actually used melted butter, but you could use either)
2 Tbsp milk, coffee or water

1. In a heatproof mug or ramekin, stir together the dry ingredients with a fork until no lumps remain. Stir in the oil and milk until you have a thick paste.

2. Microwave on high for a minute, checking it after 30 seconds. It will be done when it’s springy on top but still a bit gooey; or you could just take it out whenever it reaches your desired level of solid cakey-ness.

3. Serve warm with ice-cream or cream. I added a teaspoon of Bonne Maman Confiture du Lait, which is like a caramel sauce. Have never seen it in Ireland, but it could be substituted with any gooey yummy sauce..like nutella. Or whatever.



PROS
-SUPER fast for a quick chocolate fix.
-Ridiculously easy.
-Doesn't require any particularly unusual ingredients, they're pretty much all things that you would have already.
-Tastes so good.

CONS
-Extremely rich, especially with no ice cream or cream.
-Would probably require two hours on a treadmill
-If you leave it for a while and don't eat it immediately, it goes kind of dry and...solid. When it gets to this consistency, it is impossible to get out of the mugs. I learned this the hard way.



In other news, I made a Toblerone cake last week for my Grandad's 76th birthday, Toblerone's his favourite. So that recipe will be up in the next while..

If you use any of my recipes, comment on the post and let me know how it turns out.
Bethany xo

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo gonna try this, might add some vanilla flavouring to it - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing<3 tastes so good for a night time snack!

    ReplyDelete